28 Jan Careers News: Careers Round Up
We have been Business In The Community, Business Class Partners with Jaguar Land Rover for six years now (before they opened their i54 site). Some of the projects we’ve worked on together include:
- Built Careers – curriculum links into Y12 Business studies;
- Annual i54 site visits, Jaguar Land Rover staff facilitate the production car challenge workshop for all Y10 students during our annual employability skills day;
- Jaguar Land Rover employees present the ‘Jaguar Land Rover Award for Outstanding Achievement’ twice per academic year, Y11 in November and Y13 in January;
- Annual ‘Women in Technology’ workshops, facilitated at our federation middle schools for Y8 girls
Our Executive Headteacher, Alun Harding, takes part in “Extraordinary Leaders” meetings with Jaguar Land Rover’s Machining and Manufacturing Manager. They compare issues that have an effect on education and business and explore possible ways to solve them. He also sits on the Business in the Community (BITC) Headteachers’ Steering Group and the newly formed “Curriculum Taskforce”, which is looking at the development of careers curriculum links.
These are just a few of the annual careers activities that take place at Codsall High School.
- Y9 Skills & Apprenticeships Show, Wolverhampton.
- Y10 World Skills Show, NEC Birmingham.
- Y10 Work Experience – whole year group.
- Y10 Mock Interviews and Employability Skills Day.
- Y11 and Y13 Intended destinations interviews.
- Y11 Careers Adviser interviews.
- Y12 Work Experience – whole year group.
- Y12 visits to universities (Stafford and Oxford).
- Y13 Careers Adviser workshops and interviews.
- DofE Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
- Careers Fair – all year groups (timetabled, including Y8 from feeder schools) with over 30 providers from industry / colleges / universities / training companies.